We Take the Risk Out of Data Migration
The implementation of a new ERP/HCM/PLM system is a major undertaking. Data migration is a critical and risky component of any such project
- Data from multiple data sources needs to be extracted, consolidated, cleansed, de-duplicated, and transformed before it can be loaded into the target system.
- The data migration process needs to be repeatable and executable within a specific time frame.
- Migrated data needs to be reconciled against the legacy source data after loading to the target system.
- Issues with data migration will delay the entire implementation or the new system will not function properly.
Data Migration Challenges
Many obstacles are encountered during a data migration, each increases the risk of project overrun and delay. Typical challenges include:
- High levels of data duplication across disparate legacy systems
- Old and poorly understood legacy systems and underlying database technologies
- Inconsistent legacy data quality – including missing, inconsistent, and invalid data – which must be identified and corrected prior to loading the target system
- Misunderstood or undocumented legacy data usage and customizations
- Legacy data structures which differ drastically from the target data structure
- Frequent specification changes which need to be accounted for within a short time frame
The Premier Difference
Premier International’s Applaud® Data Migration Services help organizations overcome these challenges. Three key components contribute to Premier’s success:
- Software: Our data migration software, Applaud, was built from the ground up to address the challenges that occur on data migration projects, allowing the team to accomplish all data needs using one integrated product.
- People: Our services team focuses exclusively on data migration, honing their expertise over years of experience with Applaud and our solutions. They are client-focused and experts in the field.
- Approach: Our RapidTrak methodology helps ensure that the project stays on track. Premier’s approach to data migration projects differs from traditional approaches, decreasing implementation time and reducing the risk of the migration process.
Applaud Eliminates the Risk Around Data Migration
- Experienced data migration consultants identify, prevent and resolve issues before they become problems.
- Extraction capabilities can incorporate raw data from many disparate legacy systems, including mainframe, into Applaud’s data repository. New data sources can be quickly extracted as they are identified.
- Automated profiling on every column in every key legacy table assists with the creation of the data conversion requirements based on facts rather than assumptions.
- Powerful data matching engine identifies duplicate records within and across all in scope legacy systems.
- Integrated analytics/reporting tools allow deeper legacy data analysis to identify potential data anomalies before they become problems.
- Cleansing features identify and monitor data issues, allowing development and support of an overarching data quality strategy.
- Transformation capabilities build easily repeatable data migration programs that can quickly react to specification changes.
- Our RapidTrak methodology provides a truly integrated approach that decreases the overall data migration effort and reduces project risk.