Premier International is hiring an experienced Manager, Workday Data Conversion Lead to join our growing Workday practice. You will work in a fast-paced environment that exposes you to diverse project experiences as we collaborate to solve our clients’ biggest data challenges.
Recently awarded one of Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago®, Premier International is a privately held and private equity backed software and technology consulting firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, serving large enterprise consulting and Fortune 500 firms deploying large-scale systems implementations.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to deliver complex Workday digital transformation solutions, across multiple organizational sectors, and oversee work performed by Premier consultants in support of this mission. You will ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget across a range of industries, working effectively with stakeholders at all levels to gather information, make recommendations and solve problems. Your ability to understand and align technical processes to meet business needs will contribute directly to the successful delivery of our solutions.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone experienced in the Workday implementation methodology and leading consulting teams in a client-facing role. They will thrive when faced with a need to quickly understand new industries and challenges to help clients navigate their data related challenges. This candidate will have a passion for collaborating with a team to achieve project goals and working with people to implement complex technical solutions.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Managing a team of consultants to deliver technology solutions to Workday clients across all products and sectors
- Understanding, communicating, and implementing the Workday leading-practice data conversion methodology
- Collaborating with business development team through project hand-off procedures; working with customer in early stages of project startup to coordinate/plan requirements gathering activities, conversion design and development, and delivery of converted data to support key project milestones
- Serving as a Workday data conversion subject-matter-expert in support of ongoing internal business development activities
- Leading project management activities for full life cycle projects, such as creating and maintaining project plans, status reports, open issue logs, and project specific documents
- Demonstrating expertise of Premier’s proprietary tools, business products, processes, templates, and operations
- Leading client management activities for project by providing leadership, instilling confidence, and proactively shaping project direction
- Understanding and leading a technical engagement while directing and overseeing the work of both clients and internal resources
- Determining and defining clear deliverables, roles, and responsibilities required for successful project delivery and high data quality
- Maintaining regular communication with project stakeholders regarding progress of project/assignment, reporting on relevant KPIs
- Analyzing issues and data related to projects and presenting findings to leadership to support effective decision-making
- Working with client to define a future roadmap for migrating from multiple systems/platforms and creating reusable architecture for ongoing conversion cycles
- Developing data conversion strategies/designs for cutover, including, historical data conversion, open transaction conversion, order of conversions ,pre-requisites for each data conversion, etc.
- Suggesting and initiating improvements to team processes where possible to improve efficiencies and cross-project collaboration
- Coaching and developing consulting team members to improve performance and drive career advancement
- Providing occasional client-site support, most likely during key project activities, but on rare occasions with as little as one week’s notice.
- Note: The responsibilities for this position could expand to include other duties based on the needs of the company and the skills of the candidate
- 4+ years of experience supporting Workday implementations
- 2+ years of experience leading/managing teams
- Understanding and experience with seeing projects through the full life cycle, from planning to delivery. Expected to have completed a minimum of two full life cycle Workday implementations
- Demonstrated understanding of Workday implementation methodologies and products
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload and competing priorities while simultaneously supporting multiple projects/teams
- Experience mentoring and developing team members
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and leadership abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for solving problems
- A personal drive to go above and beyond
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability for your work
- A strong sense of ethics
In return you will have access to...
- Highly competitive compensation with annual bonus incentive
- Company paid individual health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage
- 40K plan with company match
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Nine company paid holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Muchmore at one of Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®!
Premier is an EEO employer.