Recently awarded one of Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago®, Premier International is a privately held and private equity backed software and technology consulting firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, serving large enterprise consulting and Fortune 500 firms deploying large-scale systems implementations.
Premier International is hiring an experienced Manager, Data Conversion Lead to join our growing consulting team. You will work in a fast-paced environment that exposes you to diverse project experiences as we collaborate to solve our clients’ biggest data challenges.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to deliver complex data migration solutions and oversee work performed by Premier consultants in support of this mission. You will ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget across a range of industries, working effectively with stakeholders at all levels to gather information, make recommendations and solve problems. Your ability to understand and align technical processes to meet business needs will contribute directly to the successful delivery of our solutions.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with experience managing consulting teams and serving in a client-facing role. They will thrive when faced with a need to quickly understand new industries and challenges to help clients navigate their data related challenges. This candidate will have a passion for collaborating with a team to achieve project goals and working with people to implement complex technical solutions.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Managing complex client facing data migration projects while servicing as the primary day-to-day client resource and taking ownership of all client deliverables
- Managing a team of consultants to deliver technology solutions to clients across a variety of industries (Manufacturing & Distribution, Education & Government, Consumer & Industrial Products, and Life Sciences & Healthcare, etc.
- Understanding of the leading practices and general activities required of the data conversion workstream in support of a system implementation
- Collaborating with business development team through project hand-off procedures; working with customer in early stages of project startup to coordinate/plan requirements gathering activities, conversion design and development, and delivery of converted data to support key project milestones
- Leading project management activities for full life-cycle projects, such as creating and maintaining project plans, status reports, open issue logs, and project specific documents
- Leading client management activities for project by providing leadership, instilling confidence, and proactively shaping project direction
- Understanding and leading a technical engagement while directing and overseeing the work of both clients and internal resources
- Determining and defining clear deliverables, roles, and responsibilities required for successful project delivery and high data quality
- Maintaining regular communication with project stakeholders regarding progress of project/assignment, reporting on relevant KPIs
- Analyzing issues and data related to projects and presenting findings to leadership to support effective decision-making
- Working with client to define a future roadmap for migrating from multiple systems/platforms and creating reusable architecture for ongoing conversion cycles
- Developing data conversion strategies/designs for cutover, including, historical data conversion, open transaction conversion, order of conversion, pre-requisites for each data conversion, etc.
- Suggesting and initiating improvements to team processes where possible to improve efficiencies and cross-project collaboration
- Coaching and developing consulting team members to improve performance and drive career advancement
- Note: The responsibilities for this position could expand to include other duties based on the needs of the company and the skills of the candidate.
- 4+ years of experience leading/managing teams or project delivery
- Strong understanding and experience with seeing projects through the full life cycle, from planning to delivery with a minimum of two full life cycle ERP Implementations
- Demonstrated understanding of ERP System concepts and general module functionality
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload and competing priorities while simultaneously supporting multiple projects/teams
- Experience mentoring and developing team members
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and leadership abilities
- Ability to predict and proactively address potential obstacles
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for solving problems
- A personal drive to go above and beyond
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability for your work
- A strong sense of business ethics
In return you will have access to...
- Highly competitive compensation with annual bonus incentive
- 401K plan with company match
- Company paid individual health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Nine company paid holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Much more at one of Chicago's Beth and Brightest Companies to For®!
Premier is an EEO employer.