Premier International is hiring entry level Data and Technology consultants to join our growing consulting staff in Chicago. You will work in a fast-paced environment that exposes you to diverse project experiences, leading-edge technologies, and continuous learning experiences that will grow your career while solving clients’ biggest challenges.
Recently awarded one of Crain’s 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago®, Premier International is a privately held software and technology consulting firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, serving large enterprise consulting and Fortune 500 firms deploying large-scale systems implementations. Our business is growing rapidly, and we need consultants who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in data and technology.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to understand their business needs, solidify requirements, and become an expert with respect to their data. You will apply innovation, intelligence, and problem-solving skills to build custom solutions to their specific needs and guide them through large-scale technology transformations. You will benefit from mentorship and coaching from our industry experts. Travel throughout the United States, and sometimes internationally, is required for this position.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who enjoys working with data and using technology to address a never-ending stream of challenges on behalf of clients who have huge needs but lack the ability, experience, time, and/or tools to do it themselves.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Taking direct ownership of mission critical data requirements in a fast paced, collaborative work environment.
- Delivering technology solutions to clients across industries, such as Manufacturing & Distribution, Education & Government, Consumer & Industrial Products, and Life Sciences & Healthcare.
- Working with clients to understand their current data landscape and advising on the strategy to align with their future-state data landscape.
- Designing and developing custom solutions for clients using a variety of software and programming tools, including Premier’s proprietary software product (Applaud), SQL, PowerShell, Excel, and VBA.
- Using quantitative methods to derive actionable insights, patterns, and outcomes from data.
- Learning leading enterprise software products such as Oracle, SAP, and Workday.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on our business products, processes and operations, and remaining up-to-date on industry news.
Note: The responsibilities for this position could expand to include other duties based on the needs of the company and the skills of the candidate.
- At least one (1) year of experience working directly with structured data (analyzing, organizing, reporting, summarizing, etc).
- BS/BA degree, preferably in a technical field (engineering, mathematics, computer science, etc.).
- Basic experience with a programming or scripting language.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivot tables, and VBA.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Basic experience with PowerShell and/or Windows batch scripting is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with people of different personalities, backgrounds, and levels within an organization.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Ability to work extended hours if necessary.
- An inquisitive nature and desire to learn.
- A passion for solving problems.
- A personal drive to go above and beyond and to deliver no matter what it takes.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability for your work.
- A strong sense of ethics.
- Authorization to work in the US without support for a work visa.
In return you will have access to...
- Highly competitive compensation with annual bonus incentive
- 401K plan with company match
- 100% company paid individual health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Eight company paid holidays
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Employee referral bonuses
- And so much more at one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®!
Premier is an EEO/AAP employer.