Premier International is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to help accelerate the growth and success of our firm.
Recently awarded one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®, Premier International is a privately held software and technology consulting firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, serving large enterprise consulting and Fortune 500 firms deploying large-scale systems implementations. Premier's software team is focused on developing and maintaining a suite of Windows-based programming tools used by the consulting practice for data migration and data quality projects. This suite includes a proprietary software tool, similar to an ETL tool coupled with an internal database, a procedural programming language, and additional reporting capabilities. The suite also includes several command-line and supplemental cloud utilities.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience with Windows application development, strong knowledge of the C# language and experience designing and developing user interfaces, in order to assist us in migrating a large application in our suite away from a legacy Visual Basic 6 GUI. The immediate role will entail heavy collaboration, both in reviewing today's interface in order to establish requirements and in distilling those requirements into a new interface that is both intuitive to existing users and more modern. Moving forward, this individual's primary charge will be developing the interface. This individual may also be tasked with maintenance of several cloud utilities that work with specific vendor web services. This role will be central to our modernization plans and shaping the future of our software platform.
To date, we have received numerous applications from individuals with extensive web development experience, however that is a different field and is not applicable to this position. We are only considering applicants with experience in the development Windows desktop applications.
- Work at the direction of the Director of Software Engineering to develop a new user interface for a legacy software product including documentation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with existing software team members to refine requirements and the new design.
- Collaborate with existing software team members to refine and in some cases redesign interfaces between the back and front ends of the application.
- Work at the direction of the Director of Software Engineering to enhance and maintain a suite of cloud utilities.
- Work with the software team to assist in the implementation of new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Vocalize ideas and collaborate with the software team on the ongoing development of the product.
- Recommend alternatives and best practices for integrating C# with C++ and COBOL.
- Development, documentation, enhancement, maintenance, and testing of the GUI and supplemental cloud applications.
- Balance priorities with a commitment to going above and beyond.
- Perform troubleshooting to support end users.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
- This is not a management role, though some coaching and mentoring is expected.
Note: The responsibilities for this position could expand to include other duties based on the needs of the company and the skills of the candidate.
- 5-7 years of experience in MS Visual Studio, C# Programming, .NET Framework, and API Programming in the context of Windows desktop applications
- Experience with GUI design using MVC or MVVM
- Experience with multi-language development
- Experience with multi-threading
- Experience with ODBC connectivity and an understanding of SQL
- Experience with JSON and XML
- Experience interacting with web services – REST/SOAP
- Experience with MS Team Foundation Server is a bonus
- Experience with C++, COBOL, and/or Visual Basic 6 is a bonus
- Experience with Microsoft Access is a bonus
- Experience with PowerShell is a bonus
- Experience with Data Analysis is a bonus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership
- Desire to go above and beyond
- Ability to collaborate daily in a team environment where members have different skill sets
- A positive attitude
- Exemplary technical problem-solving skills
- Strong fundamentals within coding technologies and a willingness to wear multiple hats when needed
- A passion for technology, both inside and outside the workplace
- BS/BA in computer science or related discipline or equivalent software engineering work experience in lieu of degree
- Must reside in the Chicagoland area and be willing to work out of the office in the Chicago loop
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- We do not sponsor work visas
- No 1099s
Note: This is a very specific role for an immediate need. We will not consider individuals whose resumes do not strongly reflect the desired qualifications listed above.
In return you will have access to:
- Highly competitive compensation with annual bonus incentive
- 401K plan with company match
- 100% company paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage for employee
- Four weeks of paid vacation
- Eight company paid holidays
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Employee referral bonuses
- And so much more at one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®!
Premier is an EEO/AAP employer.