Premier International is hiring experienced data and technology consultants to join our growing consulting staff in Chicago. You will work in a fast-paced environment that exposes you to diverse project experiences, leading-edge technologies, and continuous learning experiences that will grow your career while solving clients’ biggest challenges.
Recently awarded one of Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago®, Premier International is a privately held software and technology consulting firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, serving large enterprise consulting and Fortune 500 firms deploying large-scale systems implementations. Our business is growing rapidly, and we need consultants who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in data and technology.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to understand their business needs, identify and define technical requirements, and become an expert with respect to their data. You will apply innovation, intelligence, and problem-solving skills to build custom solutions for their specific needs and guide them through large-scale technology transformations. You will benefit from mentorship and coaching from our industry experts. Travel throughout the United States, and sometimes internationally, is required for this position.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with experience working as a consultant, data analyst, business analyst, or similar role. This candidate will have a passion for using technology to design innovative solutions to address a never-ending stream of challenges on behalf of clients who have huge needs but lack the ability, experience, time, and/or tools to do it themselves.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Designing and developing custom solutions for clients using a variety of software and programming tools, including Premier’s proprietary software product (Applaud), SQL, PowerShell, Excel, VBA and others.
- Using quantitative methods to derive actionable insights, patterns, and outcomes from data.
- Taking direct ownership of mission critical data requirements in a fast paced, collaborative work environment.
- Leveraging technical expertise to provide guidance and direction to clients as you tackle complex problems.
- Identifying and translating client business requirements into technical deliverables.
- Delivering technology solutions to clients across industries, such as Manufacturing & Distribution, Education & Government, Consumer & Industrial Products, and Life Sciences & Healthcare.
- Working with clients to understand their current data landscape and advising on strategy to align with their future-state data landscape.
- Providing leadership and mentorship to junior team members.
Note: The responsibilities for this position could expand to include other duties based on the needs of the companyand the skills of the candidate.
- At least 3 years of experience working directly with structured data (analyzing, organizing, reporting, etc).
- BS/BA degree.
- Intermediate experience with a programming or scripting language.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel including formulas, pivot tables, and VBA.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An inquisitive nature and desire to learn.
- A passion for solving problems.
- A personal drive to go above and beyond.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability for your work.
- A strong sense of ethics.
- Authorization to work in the US without support for a work visa.
In return you will have access to...
- Highly competitive compensation with annual bonus incentive
- 401K plan with company match
- Company paid individual health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Nine company paid holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- And so much more at one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®!
Premier is an EEO/AAP employer.