Premier International is hiring a Junior Software Engineer to help accelerate the growth and success of our firm.
Recently awarded one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®, Premier International is a privately held software and technology consulting firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, serving large enterprise consulting and Fortune 500 firms deploying large-scale systems implementations. Premier's software team is focused on developing and maintaining a suite of Windows-based programming tools used by the consulting practice for data migration and data quality projects. This suite includes a proprietary software tool, similar to an ETL tool coupled with an internal database, a procedural programming language, and additional reporting capabilities. The suite also includes several command-line and supplemental cloud utilities.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of the C# language, a passion for programming, and a willingness to learn and grow. This candidate will assist with several software projects ranging from the development of a complex user interface for a legacy application to maintenance of several cloud utilities that work with specific vendor web services. This role will help modernize and shape the future of our software platform.
Primary responsibilities for this role, under the direction of the Software Team, will include but not be limited to:
- Develop a new user interface for a legacy software product including documentation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Enhance and maintain a suite of cloud utilities.
- Assist in the implementation of new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Learn and adopt adjacent technologies to become increasingly proficient and add value to the software team.
- Learn how to analyze large, complex processes and identify performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Vocalize ideas and collaborate with the software team on the ongoing development of the product.
- Balance priorities with a commitment to going above and beyond.
- Perform troubleshooting to support end users.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
Note: The responsibilities for this position could expand to include other duties based on the needs of the company and the skills of the candidate.
Requirements for the role
- Strong knowledge of C#
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership
- Positive attitude with accompanying behavior
- Exemplary technical problem-solving skills
- A passion for technology, both inside and outside the workplace
- Strong grasp of object-oriented concepts
- Experience with MVC or MVVM is a bonus
- Experience with C++, COBOL, and/or VisualBasic 6 is a bonus
- Experience with Microsoft Access is a bonus
- Experience with ODBC connectivity and an understanding of SQL is a bonus
- Experience with PowerShell is a bonus
- BS/BA in computer science or related discipline or equivalent software engineering work experience in lieu of degree
- Must reside in the Chicagoland area and be willing to work out of the office in the Chicago loop
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- We do not sponsor work visas.
In return you will have access to...
- Highly competitive compensation with annual bonus incentive
- 401K plan with company match
- 100% company paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage for employee
- Four weeks of paid vacation
- Eight company paid holidays
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Employee referral bonuses
- And so much more at one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®!
Premier is an EEO/AAP employer.