Premier International is hiring a Junior IT Resource to help accelerate the growth and success of our firm.
Recently awarded one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®, Premier International is a privately held software and technology consulting firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, serving large enterprise consulting and Fortune 500 firms deploying large-scale systems implementations. Premier's software team is focused on developing and maintaining a suite of Windows-based programming tools used by the consulting practice for data migration and data quality projects. This suite includes a proprietary software tool, similar to an ETL tool coupled with an internal database, a procedural programming language, and additional reporting capabilities. The suite also includes several command-line and supplemental cloud utilities.
The ideal candidate will be a sharp technical person with under 2 years of work experience who has strong problem-solving skills, wants to learn, has a broad interest in IT, and has the ability to intelligently piece together solutions from information found online. This would be a great role for someone who has built their own computers, tried out a few flavors of Linux, and does programming/scripting for fun.
- Provide Windows laptop support
- Perform Windows laptop setup and imaging
- Perform Ubuntu server support
- Provide HP printer/scanner setup & support
- Support of basic network services (DHCP, DNS, Active Directory)
- Develop PowerShell scripts for managing Windows and Linux machines
- Develop PowerShell scripts for automating business functions
- Assist the software team with testing internal software products
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Learn and adopt adjacent technologies to become increasingly proficient to add value to Premier
- Balance priorities with a commitment to going above and beyond.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
Note: The responsibilities for this position could expand to include other duties based on the needs of the company and the skills of the candidate.
- Entry level to 2 years of work experience
- Strong understanding of commodity PC Hardware – Memory, Hard Drives, CPUs, Optical Drives
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge of either the windows command line or Linux Bash shell and basic scripting experience
- Some knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu preferred)
- Ability to partition and format a hard drive, and then install an operating system
- Familiarity with common BIOS settings
- Familiarity with the Windows registry
- Ability to troubleshoot and remove viruses/malware
- Exemplary technical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to setup and troubleshoot a wireless network
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot a wired network in both Linux and Windows
- Ability to search for solutions online and differentiate between applicable information and misinformation
- Ability to differentiate between a reckless course of action and one that mitigates risks and has a high likelihood of success
- Ability to deductively troubleshoot and piece together solutions based on own research
- Experience with VMWare ESXi is a bonus
- Experience with Microsoft Access is a bonus
- Experience with ODBC connectivity and an understanding of SQL is a bonus
- Experience with PowerShell is a bonus
- Experience with data analysis is a bonus
- Experience with software product testing is a bonus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership
- A positive attitude
- A passion for technology, both inside and outside the workplace
- BS/BA or equivalent IT experience in lieu of degree
- Must reside in the Chicagoland area and be willing to work out of the office in the Chicago loop
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- We do not sponsor work visas
- No 1099s
In return you will have access to...
- Highly competitive compensation with annual bonus incentive
- 401K plan with company match
- 100% company paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage for employee
- Four weeks of paid vacation
- Eight company paid holidays
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Employee referral bonuses
- And so much more at one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®!
Premier is an EEO/AAP employer.