Awarded one of Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago® for 2020 and 2021, Premier International is a privately held software and technology consulting firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, serving large enterprise consulting and Fortune 500 firms deploying large-scale systems implementations. Premier's software team is focused on developing and maintaining a suite of Windows-based programming tools used by the consulting practice for data migration and data quality projects. This suite includes a proprietary software tool, similar to an ETL tool coupled with an internal database, a procedural programming language, and additional reporting capabilities. The suite also includes several command-line and supplemental cloud utilities.
The ideal candidate will be a sharp technical person with under 3 years of work experience who has strong problem-solving skills, wants to learn, has a broad interest in IT, and has the ability to intelligently piece together solutions from information found online. This would be a great role for someone who has built their own computers, tried out a few flavors of Linux, and does programming/scripting for fun.
What You Will Do:
- Provide Windows laptop support.
- Perform Windows laptop setup and imaging.
- Perform Windows/Ubuntu server support.
- Provide printer/scanner setup & support.
- Support basic network services (DHCP, DNS, Active Directory).
- Develop PowerShell scripts for automating business functions.
- Assist the software team with testing internal software products.
- Learn and adopt adjacent technologies to become increasingly proficient to add value to Premier.
- Tracking computer maintenance/status in inventory.
- Wiping and recycling damaged/obsolete computers.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
Note: The responsibilities for this position could expand to include other duties based on the needs of the company and the skills of the candidate.
What It Takes:
- 1 to 3 years of work experience.
- Strong understanding of commodity PC Hardware – Memory, Hard Drives, CPUs, Optical Drives.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Working knowledge of either the windows command line or Linux Bash shell.
- Basic scripting experience.
- Some knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu preferred).
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts (wired and wireless).
- Familiarity with common BIOS settings.
- Familiarity with the Windows registry.
- Familiarity with DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory.
- Ability to troubleshoot and remove viruses/malware.
- Ability to setup and troubleshoot a wireless and wired networks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership.
- Exemplary technical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to search for solutions online and differentiate between applicable information and misinformation.
- Ability to differentiate between a reckless course of action and one that mitigates risks and has a high likelihood of success.
- Patience in supporting those with less knowledge.
- A positive attitude.
- A passion for technology, both inside and outside the workplace.
- BS/BA or equivalent IT experience in lieu of degree.
- Must reside in the Chicagoland area and be willing to work out of the office in the Chicago loop at least 2 days a week..
- Authorization to work in the US without support for a work visa.
In return you will have access to...
- Highly competitive compensation with annual bonus incentive
- 401K plan with company match
- Company paid individual health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Eight company paid holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- And so much more at one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®!
Premier is an EEO/AAP employer.