Premier International is hiring an experienced Business Development Executive to help accelerate the growth and success of our firm.
Premier International is a privately held technology consulting firm headquartered in Chicago, serving large enterprise consulting and Fortune 500 firms deploying large-scale systems implementations. Our business is growing rapidly, and we need a skilled Business Development Executive to acquire, develop and manage new client relationships.
The ideal candidate will have experience and success in B2B sales in the technology consulting space. In this role, you will be responsible for developing new relationships with our prospective clients, negotiating contracts and closing deals. Travel throughout the United States is required for this position.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Discover future clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business and systems implementation/data migration needs.
- Build relationships and close sales opportunities with identified prospective clients.
- Identify large scale projects for software implementation and/or software integration (SAP, Oracle, Workday, etc).
- Create and execute business development strategies to exceed revenue targets with both existing and new channels.
- Partner with Principals of the firm to create contract-winning proposals for prospective clients.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders.
- Become a subject matter expert on our business products, processes and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news.
- Proactively call, network, follow up, and develop strategic partnerships with enterprise level executives.
- Keep abreast of the market with Fortune 500 firms and M&A activity.
- Increase the effective use of CRM software (Salesforce) to support and enhance business development efforts.
- Monitor the competitive landscape in terms of pricing, features and positioning, and keeping the firm apprised of competitive threats and opportunities.
- Represent the firm at conferences and meetings.
- Work with company leadership to determine best marketing channels and opportunities.
Note: The responsibilities for this position could expand to include other duties based on the needs of the company and the skills of the candidate.
Requirements for the role:
- Minimum 5-7 years selling consulting services; enterprise business-to-business sales is required.
- Experience selling services for software implementation or integration (SAP, Oracle, Workday, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of the technology consulting industry and large-scale system implementations, with the ability to become a subject matter expert on the job.
- Innovation and problem-solving skills which include the ability to develop and propose bespoke solutions for prospective clients. Experience dealing with extended sales cycles associated with global roll outs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM, DiscoverOrg and Constant Contact desired, but not required.
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to facilitate group presentations.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Must be an autonomous self-starter with the desire to succeed and grow.
- Must have an excellent network of executives in consulting services.
- Ability to work extended hours if necessary
- BS/BA in business administration or relevant field.
- A strong sense of ethics.
Premier is an EEO/AAP employer.